Tucanos Offering Brazilian Feast For Thanksgiving
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – This year, many people will be holding their own Thanksgiving dinners for the first time.
For those who are not up to the task, some local restaurants are stepping up.
Brazilian food and Thanksgiving might not seem like they go hand in hand, but it turns out Brazil as a country has been celebrating Thanksgiving on the same day as the U.S. for decades.
Kelly Byars, the general manager at the Farmington Tucanos, said the restaurant’s Thanksgiving meal includes all the trimmings.
“Big turkey dinner, green bean casserole, stuffing,” she said. “It’s bringing in all the tradition of Tucanos, but then bringing in the tradition of Thanksgiving with it – so a good little spin.”
They’ll have their usual rotation of meat along with three different types of turkey, candied sweet potatoes and the usual Thanksgiving sides.
They are taking reservations, but space is limited since tables are spread 6 feet apart. Go to tocanos.com for more information.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 36760)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 18142)
- High winds, heavy snow warning for 'hazardous conditions' Friday morning (pageviews: 7530)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil (pageviews: 6148)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 5835)
- Lehi mom stranded in snowstorm grateful for help from unexpected stranger - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5830)
- Winter storm leads to messy morning commute; schools moving online, delaying starts - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5795)