Farmers Feeding Utah Hosts ‘Cops And Crops’ Event To Feed Ogden Area Families
OGDEN, Utah – Farmers and law enforcement worked together to feed approximately 1,000 families in Weber County on Tuesday.
The donation event was the sixth from Farmers Feeding Utah – a charity that came out of the pandemic.
Farmer families, agricultural volunteers, the Weber County Sheriff’s Office and the Ogden Police Department were on hand at the Weber County Fairgrounds to hand out meals to those in need.
Thats why the event was called “Cops and Crops.”
Farmers Feeding Utah was started by frustrated agricultural workers who found their supply chain to restaurants broken as the pandemic took effect. The group essentially takes donations, which helps them keep working and producing food. That food is then given to families in need.
The Weber County sheriff and the Ogden police chief both said they’re glad to have their deputies and officers helping out.
“It’s such a great blessing for those families that we get to support and help and be a part of again,” Sheriff Ryan Arbon said. “(It’s) such a fantastic group.”
“To serve those who have this need is just extremely gratifying,” OPD Chief Randy Watt said. “We’re grateful to participate.”
Anyone who wants to help can sign up on farmersfeedingutah.org. The group has a form on the website where people can choose to sponsor a single meal, a family meal, or multiple meals for multiple families.
So far, Farmers Feeding Utah has supplied families around the state with more than 600,000 pounds of food.
- Dump Truck Driver Killed In Point Of The Mountain Crash (pageviews: 11052)
- Police Release New Details Related To Alex Cox's Death In Vallow/Daybell Case (pageviews: 4547)
- Car Thief Returns With Boy Inside, Scolds Mom (pageviews: 3574)
- Several Businesses Damaged In 3-Alarm Fire At Midvale Office Building (pageviews: 2868)
- Police Searching For Man Who Followed Female Driver, Flattened Her Tires (pageviews: 2763)
- FBI Arrest Woman Accused Of Theft From Pelosi's Office During Riot (pageviews: 2420)
- Police Release New Details Related To Alex Cox’s Death In Vallow/Daybell Case – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2117)
- Trump To Issue Around 100 Pardons, Commutations Tuesday, Sources Say (pageviews: 2032)
- Biden To Propose 8-Year Citizenship Path For Immigrants (pageviews: 1718)