‘The National Dog Show’ Today On NBC
(NBC) – “The National Dog Show” celebrates man’s best friend and will be hosted by award-winning TV personality, author and Broadway star John O’Hurley (“Seinfeld,” “Dancing with the Stars”), and expert analyst David Frei, a longtime breeder-owner-handler and American Kennel Club judge. NBC Sports correspondent Mary Carillo will also offer her insights during the telecast.
Last year a 2-year-old male Bulldog named Thor topped the 2,000-dog field to take home the Best In Show title.
Three new breeds will be on hand at the show for the first time this year, making a total of 207 breeds and varieties sanctioned by the American Kennel Club (AKC). The Barbet (Sporting Group) is a water dog from France with a long, sweeping tail, a dense coat of curly hair and a distinctive beard. He’s an agile athlete with a bright, friendly nature. The Dogo Argentino (Working Group) is a strong and intelligent hunting dog from Argentina, originally bred to hunt big game such as boar and mountain lion. He has a short white coat and expressive face. The Belgian Laekenois (Herding Group), like its three close Belgian relatives (Belgian Malinois, Belgian Sheepdog, Belgian Tervuren), was originally used in police work. They all still do some police work but are best known as athletic, hardworking herding dogs. The Laekenois separates itself with its different coat color and texture, and a different region of origin.
“The National Dog Show” is a beloved holiday tradition for families across the nation. The telecast reached nearly 25 million viewers during Thanksgiving week last year, delivering its third-best score in total viewers since its first broadcast in 2002. The show is part of a five-hour block of family programing on NBC, offering the country’s 65 million pet-owning households a full afternoon of fun entertainment while raising money for canine-related causes.
Watch “The National Dog Show” at noon with an encore presentation at 7 p.m. on KSL TV.
For more information on “The National Dog Show,” visit: http://www.nationaldogshow.com
- Dump Truck Driver Killed In Point Of The Mountain Crash (pageviews: 11052)
- Police Release New Details Related To Alex Cox's Death In Vallow/Daybell Case (pageviews: 4547)
- Car Thief Returns With Boy Inside, Scolds Mom (pageviews: 3574)
- Several Businesses Damaged In 3-Alarm Fire At Midvale Office Building (pageviews: 2868)
- Police Searching For Man Who Followed Female Driver, Flattened Her Tires (pageviews: 2763)
- FBI Arrest Woman Accused Of Theft From Pelosi's Office During Riot (pageviews: 2420)
- Police Release New Details Related To Alex Cox’s Death In Vallow/Daybell Case – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2117)
- Trump To Issue Around 100 Pardons, Commutations Tuesday, Sources Say (pageviews: 2032)
- Biden To Propose 8-Year Citizenship Path For Immigrants (pageviews: 1718)