In Posthumous Message, Alex Trebek Asks Viewers To ‘Be Thankful,’ ‘Keep The Faith’
(CNN) — Alex Trebek, the late host of the long-running game show “Jeopardy!,” had a Thanksgiving message for viewers, urging them to “be thankful” and “keep the faith.”
The message was recorded earlier this year as part of the Thanksgiving Day episode. “Jeopardy!” tweeted the clip Thursday morning, ahead of the planned broadcast.
In the posthumous message, Trebek acknowledged the unprecedented difficulties facing the nation this Thanksgiving.
“You know, in spite of what America and the rest of the world is experiencing right now, there are many reasons to be thankful,” Trebek said in the video.
“There are more and more people extending helpful hands to do a kindness to their neighbors,” he continued, “and that’s a good thing.”
A spokesperson for the show did not immediately respond to inquiries regarding when the episode was taped.
The late host’s message airs as Americans observe a markedly different Thanksgiving from years past, with record numbers of coronavirus infections and nearly a quarter of a million people dead from the virus. Nationwide, families have been urged not to gather for the holiday in the hope of stopping the spread.
“Keep the faith,” Trebek urged. “We’re going to get through all of this, and we will be a better society because of it.”
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9218)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4825)
- Iconic Stranger Things house for sale – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3408)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 3366)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2413)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2241)