Man Arrested For Refusing To Wear Face Mask On Flight Leaving SLC
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — A 44-year-old man was arrested after he refused numerous times to wear a face mask on a Delta Airlines flight departing from Salt Lake City International Airport.
The incident happened around 10:40 p.m. Wednesday.
According to the probable cause statement, Joshua Colby Council continued to board a Delta Airlines flight from Salt Lake City to San Francisco after he disregarded a request from a gate agent to put on a face covering.
“Flight attendant(s) and crew attempted to get [Council] to wear a mask, however [he] became argumentative and refused,” read the document.
Officials said several crew members — including the captain, gate agent, and manager — tried to get Council to put on a mask, but he refused to comply.
Police were then called in to escort the passenger off the plane.
“Numerous attempts were made to encourage [him] to leave with negative results,” the document continued.
Council finally walked off the plane after several dozens of passengers were told to exit. But once at the gate, he refused to turn over his ID and was arrested.
He was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail on charges of disorderly conduct for refusing to comply with a police order.
Crew members said the flight was delayed approximately 45 minutes because of the incident.
In a statement to KSL, Delta said in part: “We apologize to customers for the delay on Flight 1382 on Wednesday as a passenger was removed from the flight for mask non-compliance. There is nothing more important than the safety of our people and customers.”
- Dump Truck Driver Killed In Point Of The Mountain Crash (pageviews: 13412)
- Police Searching For Man Who Followed Female Driver, Flattened Her Tires (pageviews: 4351)
- New Mom Delivers Baby Boy On 2100 North In Lehi (pageviews: 2779)
- FBI Arrest Woman Accused Of Theft From Pelosi's Office During Riot (pageviews: 2614)
- Trump Pardons Ex-Strategist Steve Bannon, Dozens Of Others (pageviews: 2487)
- Police Release New Details Related To Alex Cox's Death In Vallow/Daybell Case (pageviews: 2421)
- Utahn Among Dozens Pardoned By President Trump (pageviews: 2094)
- Corner Canyon Teacher Returns To Classroom After Beating COVID-19 (pageviews: 1941)
- Residents Along Wasatch Front Wake Up To High Winds (pageviews: 1643)