NEPHI, Utah — The Juab County Sheriff’s Office has opened an investigation after a 50-year-old Santaquin man was found dead in the West Desert area of Juab County.
Officers located the body of Michael Caussey in the west Juab County Desert along the Brush Wellman Highway on Friday, according to officials from the Juab County Sheriff’s Office.
The victim had gunshot wounds and was found “subsequently discarded” in the area.
Two men were detained, arrested and booked into Juab County Jail in relation to the incident.
Troy Pexton, 56, from Nephi was first detained on scene, then arrested on charges of murder, obstruction of justice, and abuse or desecration of a dead human body.
A second Nephi man, 41-year-old Scott Blackett, was detained after he returned to the Nephi address following treatment for non-life-threatening injuries at a local hospital.
Blackett was booked on a charge of abuse or desecration of a dead human body.
- Disneyland Ends Annual Passes 10 Months After Virus Closure (pageviews: 7166)
- AMBER Alert Issued For Infant Abducted In Price (pageviews: 6097)
- Pediatric COVID-19 Hospitalizations Rising In Utah, Study Says (pageviews: 4124)
- Ruth Watkins Resigning As President Of University Of Utah – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3462)
- UHP: Credible Threats Against Utah Elected Officials (pageviews: 2969)
- Biden Unveiling $1.9T Plan To Stem Virus And Steady Economy (pageviews: 2823)
- Orem Unveils Utah's Biggest Pedestrian Bridge (pageviews: 2718)
- Plans Change For Historic Mill Sites In Brigham City After Devastating Fires (pageviews: 2644)
- AMBER Alert Canceled After Abducted Infant Located; Suspect In Custody (pageviews: 2580)