Safe In 60: How To Safely Participate In Giving Tuesday This Year
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah ranks as the most generous state in America for charitable donations and volunteer work. So how do you choose where to give your time and money?
Is there something you are passionate about and want to make a difference? There are lots of ways to help.
While volunteering in person may not be the safest option right now, you can still volunteer virtually. From career counseling to crisis line response, there are many organizations that need virtual volunteers.
Monetary donations are always appreciated. Whether you want to help pets find homes, help with cancer research or help provide food and shelter for the homeless, you can find many charities online. Just be sure to do some research and verify you’re supporting a reputable organization.
And reach out in your community. Is there someone in your neighborhood who needs some assistance? It’s amazing what even a phone call or text can do, to share words of encouragement.
There is always a need and endless volunteering possibilities. Whatever you choose this year, your kindness can be rewarding and will make a difference.
Below is a list of some charitable organizations that accept donations to help children, victims of abuse and people experiencing homelessness. This not an exhaustive list and is in no particular order.
- Catholic Community Services of Utah: (801) 977-9119 http://www.ccsutah.org
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Utah: (801) 313-0303 bbsu.org
- The Christmas Box House: thechristmasbox.org
- YWCA: https://www.ywcautah.org/get-involved/ways-to-give/
- Habitat for Humanity: habitatsaltlake.com
- Pamela Atkinson Homeless Trust Fund: https://jobs.utah.gov/htf
- The Crossroads Urban Center: https://www.crossroadsurbancenter.org/
- Vincent De Paul Dining Hall: https://www.ccsutah.org/programs/homeless-services/st-vincent-de-paul-dining-hall
- Children’s Justice Center: https://pages.donately.com/friendsofthesaltlakecountycjc/campaigns
- Fourth Street Clinic: http://www.fourthstreetclinic.org/
- Ronald McDonald House: rmhcslc.org
- The Rescue Mission of Salt Lake: http://www.rescuesaltlake.org/
- The Road Home: http://www.theroadhome.org/
- Salt Lake City Mission: http://saltlakecitymission.org/
- The Salvation Army: https://satruck.org/
- Utah Food Bank: utahfoodbank.org
- Volunteers of America: http://www.voaut.org
- Disneyland Ends Annual Passes 10 Months After Virus Closure (pageviews: 8107)
- Post Malone Is Donating 10K Of His Sold Out Crocs To Frontline Workers (pageviews: 6563)
- AMBER Alert Issued For Infant Abducted In Price (pageviews: 6097)
- Orem Unveils Utah's Biggest Pedestrian Bridge (pageviews: 4296)
- Lindon Man Dies Following Incident At Quail Creek State Park (pageviews: 3612)
- AMBER Alert Canceled After Abducted Infant Located; Suspect In Custody (pageviews: 3524)
- Utah Activist Who Participated At Deadly U.S. Capitol Protest Arrested (pageviews: 3086)
- UHP: Credible Threats Against Utah Elected Officials (pageviews: 3073)
- Orem Unveils Utah’s Biggest Pedestrian Bridge – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3036)