Utah Reports 3 More Residents Have Died & 1,897 Test Positive For COVID-19
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Officials with the Utah Department of Health reported 1,897 Utahns have tested positive for COVID-19, and three additional residents have died as a result of the virus.
According to health officials, 560 people with COVID-19 are being treated in Utah hospitals.
UDOH reported 1,423,079 Utahns have been tested for the virus so far. That’s an increase of 4,852 tests since Sunday.
Of those, a total of 195,706 have tested positive for COVID-19.
The rolling seven-day average for positive tests has dropped slightly, to 2,312 per day. The rolling seven-day average for percent of positive tests rose to 21.5%.
Currently, 560 people are hospitalized with COVID-19, and 205 of those are in intensive care units. Another 13 people are currently hospitalized with suspected cases of COVID-19.
The state’s ICU occupancy, which had been above the 85% threshold for quality care, was at 82.6% Monday. The ICU beds in Utah’s 16 hospitals best equipped to care for COVID-19 patients were 89.5% full.
UDOH also reported Utah’s non-ICU beds are 46.6% full.
Authorities reported an additional three people have died as a result of COVID-19, which brings Utah’s death toll to 871.
The following individual’s deaths were reported Monday:
- Male, between 45-64, Uintah County resident, hospitalized at time of death
- Female, between 65-84, Utah County resident, hospitalized at time of death
- Female, older than 85, Washington County resident, hospitalized at time of death
For more information, visit coronavirus.utah.gov.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5415)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 4509)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 3865)
- Police confirm no shooting has occurred at Granger Elementary School; school evacuated (pageviews: 2338)
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 2300)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 2293)