Navajo Nation Health Official With Strong Utah Ties Named to Biden-Harris COVID-19 Advisory Board
WINDOW ROCK, Ariz. – Navajo Department of Health Executive Director Dr. Jill Jim has been appointed to the Biden-Harris COVID-19 Advisory Board.
The board was created in early November to develop plans on fighting the COVID-19 pandemic for President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris.
Dr. Jim is an enrolled member of the Navajo Nation according to a news release. She is a fluent Navajo speaker from Navajo Mountain, Utah.
Navajo Department of Health Executive Director Dr. Jill Jim selected to serve on the Biden-Harris COVID-19 Advisory Board pic.twitter.com/UPmA13Eu93
— Navajo Nation President Jonathan Nez (@NNPrezNez) November 28, 2020
She attended the University of Utah where she earned a Doctorate in Public Health as well as two Master’s Degrees in Health Care Administration and Public Health.
Dr. Jim has a Bachelor’s Degree in Health Promotion and Community Health Education from Northern Arizona University, the release said.
“Dr. Jim’s extensive public health experience and expertise has been a major benefit for the Navajo Nation throughout the COVID-19 pandemic and now she will serve on a much broader level to help fight this modern-day monster throughout the country,” said Navajo Nation President Jonathan Nez. “Our Nation’s COVID-19 preventative measures and restrictions put forth by our public health experts have served as a model for other states and entities across the country.”
Nez recommended Dr. Jim as an appointment to the Biden-Harris board.
She worked previously as Epidemiologist for the Utah Department of Health, a Health Care Analyst for HealthInsight in Albuquerque, N.M., and a consultant for the Navajo Area Indian Health Service, the release said.
“I am proud to serve as a member of the Biden-Harris Transition COVID-19 Advisory Board. I look forward to working with fellow members of the advisory board to help prepare an urgent, robust, and professional response to the global public health crisis, for President-elect Biden to lead with on day one,” Dr. Jim said.
- Disneyland Ends Annual Passes 10 Months After Virus Closure (pageviews: 8107)
- Post Malone Is Donating 10K Of His Sold Out Crocs To Frontline Workers (pageviews: 6563)
- AMBER Alert Issued For Infant Abducted In Price (pageviews: 6097)
- Orem Unveils Utah's Biggest Pedestrian Bridge (pageviews: 4296)
- Lindon Man Dies Following Incident At Quail Creek State Park (pageviews: 3612)
- AMBER Alert Canceled After Abducted Infant Located; Suspect In Custody (pageviews: 3524)
- Utah Activist Who Participated At Deadly U.S. Capitol Protest Arrested (pageviews: 3086)
- UHP: Credible Threats Against Utah Elected Officials (pageviews: 3073)
- Orem Unveils Utah’s Biggest Pedestrian Bridge – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3036)