Some Local Gyms Renting Equipment To Members
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – With an anticipated post Thanksgiving surge in COVID-19 cases, local gyms are coming up with alternative options for members.
Local fitness boutiques are some of the small businesses that have taken the hardest hit during the pandemic — Rebel House is one of many that’s creating ways for members to workout at home if they don’t want to come in person this winter.
Health and happiness can be found at Rebel House.
Do you like supporting small businesses? Your local fitness studios need help.💪🏻🧘🏼♀️
— Morgan Wolfe (@MorganWolfeKSL) November 30, 2020
“We can’t go to parties, we can’t go to concerts. This is pretty much one of the only things people can look forward to that is safe and around people,” said Nina Pearson, Rebel House co-owner.
Pearson and her husband opened their second location in Sugar House during the pandemic.
“Started with our downtown location in 2017, and we opened this location in August of this year.”
Classes have been at 50 percent capacity.
“Rent is one thing we have needed help with. Small businesses are barely scraping by,” she said. “Our night classes are little bit busier but morning classes numbers have dropped way down.”
And numbers are dwindling.
They’re one of the gyms offering equipment for their members to take home and use.
“Right now we are renting out the other half of our bikes since our rooms our at half occupancy,” Peason said.
The whole pandemic, they’ve have been recording virtual classes as well. It’s something many fitness boutiques are relying on to keep them afloat.
“I am just happy we are here,” she said. “We’re all trying to do what we can to make ends meet.”
Check with your local gyms to see if they have at home options for you to use if you don’t feel comfortable working out in their space.
- Disneyland Ends Annual Passes 10 Months After Virus Closure (pageviews: 8107)
- Post Malone Is Donating 10K Of His Sold Out Crocs To Frontline Workers (pageviews: 6563)
- AMBER Alert Issued For Infant Abducted In Price (pageviews: 6097)
- Orem Unveils Utah's Biggest Pedestrian Bridge (pageviews: 4296)
- Lindon Man Dies Following Incident At Quail Creek State Park (pageviews: 3612)
- AMBER Alert Canceled After Abducted Infant Located; Suspect In Custody (pageviews: 3524)
- Utah Activist Who Participated At Deadly U.S. Capitol Protest Arrested (pageviews: 3086)
- UHP: Credible Threats Against Utah Elected Officials (pageviews: 3073)
- Orem Unveils Utah’s Biggest Pedestrian Bridge – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3036)