South Salt Lake Police Looking For Suspect After Shooting At Gas Station
SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah – Police in South Salt Lake are looking for a shooting suspect who opened fire at a gas station.
The incident happened shortly after 6:30 a.m. in the parking lot of a Maverik in the area of 3300 South and West Temple.
“It’s pretty unsettling,” said Eli Fullmer who was in the area when he stopped to talk to KSL TV. “I come here really often. This is how I usually get to work.”
Police said they received multiple 911 calls of shots fired from inside a blue Dodge Durango at one of the gas pumps.
Danielle Croyle, public information officer with the South Salt Lake Police Department, said a man reportedly stumbled out of the vehicle after the shots were fired. He had “significant injuries to the face and head.”
The vehicle then drove away, authorities said.
The man was transported by ambulance to the hospital where he has undergone surgery. Police are now searching through any surveillance video to get a license plate of the Dodge Durango that took off.
Police are asking if anyone has information to call South Salt Lake police at 801-412-3600.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 14388)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 5568)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 5477)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 5250)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 4962)
- Utah's Festival of Trees returns to an in-person event (pageviews: 3162)