Call Between Police, Ajayi Before Arrest Released To KSL Investigators
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A nearly 10-minute phone call between police and the suspect in the disappearance of University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck was among the hundreds of photos, videos and documents released by the Salt Lake City Police Department.
The never-before seen or heard evidence was provides after KSL Investigators sent a public records request.
The 9 minute 22 second phone call revealed a conversation between a detective and Ayoola Ajayi, immediately before his arrest on Friday, June 28, 2019.
Ajayi was inside an apartment at a complex located at 1028 S. West Temple when a SWAT team surrounded the area. In the end, Ajayi was taken into custody at gunpoint.
As he surrendered to police – as captured in KSL TV exclusive video of his arrest – he was holding a cell phone. We now know that Ajayi’s last call made on that phone prior to the arrest was presumably with this detective.
Throughout the call, the detective repeatedly asked Ajayi to come out of the apartment and talk with him. At one point, the detective told Ajayi he had two coffees waiting for them.
At the end of the call, Ajayi told the detective that if he wasn’t trying to arrest him, he won’t come downstairs to talk with him.
The detective then says, “What if I was trying to arrest you? Do you want to come down and talk to me?”
Ajayi responded, “Sure.”
The detective replied, “Ok, I’m trying to arrest you. Come down and talk to me.”
Ajayi asked, “Do you have your arrest warrant with you?”
“Yep,” the detective replied.
“Okay,” Ajayi said, and proceeded to exit the apartment.
Listen to the full call below.
- Dump Truck Driver Killed In Point Of The Mountain Crash (pageviews: 11052)
- Police Release New Details Related To Alex Cox's Death In Vallow/Daybell Case (pageviews: 4547)
- Car Thief Returns With Boy Inside, Scolds Mom (pageviews: 3574)
- Several Businesses Damaged In 3-Alarm Fire At Midvale Office Building (pageviews: 2868)
- Police Searching For Man Who Followed Female Driver, Flattened Her Tires (pageviews: 2763)
- FBI Arrest Woman Accused Of Theft From Pelosi's Office During Riot (pageviews: 2420)
- Police Release New Details Related To Alex Cox’s Death In Vallow/Daybell Case – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2117)
- Trump To Issue Around 100 Pardons, Commutations Tuesday, Sources Say (pageviews: 2032)
- Biden To Propose 8-Year Citizenship Path For Immigrants (pageviews: 1718)