Safe In 60: DUI Dangers During the Holidays
Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is unfortunately all too common. There are about 10,000 DUI related arrests every year in Utah.
The most important reason not to drive impaired is so you don’t put others in danger.
But there is a monetary cost as well. A DUI arrest will cost you between $5,000-$10,000 if there is no injury. And it will continue to cost you for years in higher insurance premiums.
This holiday season, make sure to designate a sober driver if you will be drinking. If you are that driver, take the responsibility seriously. If you plan to have even one drink, find someone else to drive.
- Call a cab or a ride-share service like Uber or Lyft.
- If a friend or family member is impaired, take away their keys and help them get home safely.
- If you see an impaired driver, call police.
Driving while impaired is never OK, and drunk driving deaths are completely preventable. If there is any chance you may have a drink, don’t get behind the wheel.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9267)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 8058)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6022)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3183)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2423)