Man Fatally Injured During Officer-Involved Shooting In Farmington
FARMINGTON, Utah – A person was fatally injured Sunday morning following an altercation between the individual and authorities who were conducting an investigation.
The incident happened shortly after 2 a.m. in the area of 600 West and State Street.
According to a statement from the Utah Highway Patrol, troopers along with the Farmington Police Department were conducting a stolen vehicle investigation when a passenger car crashed into a FPD patrol vehicle.
#breaking A man was shot and killed by police overnight after he “aggressively engaged” w/ officers.
— Morgan Wolfe (@MorganWolfeKSL) December 13, 2020
The 29-year-old man who was driving the car reportedly exited the vehicle and advanced on officers and troopers. The man was armed, according to UHP. However, officials did not specify what type of weapon the man had.
“The driver failed to respond to verbal commands and deadly force was utilized,” according to the statement.
An officer and a trooper both discharged their firearms, authorities said. Officials then immediately began life saving measures.
It wasn’t immediately clear what provoked the man to advance on authorities. However, investigators believe the altercation between the man and the officers is not related to the stolen vehicle incident.
The individual was transported to the hospital in critical condition and later died from the injuries sustained in the shooting. He has not yet been identified pending notification of family.
Body cameras captured the incident, officials said. The Davis County Officer-Involved Critical Incident Protocol Team is investigating.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 24529)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 9347)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 7132)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4470)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 4133)
- Netflix's 'Falling for Christmas' filmed at these charming Utah locations (pageviews: 3798)