What To Buy, Skip Before The New Year
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The No. 1 thing retails are slashing prices on right now may come as a surprise.
“Retailers really want to get rid of their toy stock before the holidays end,” said Kristin McGrath, editor of offers.com.
She said consumers shouldn’t get too excited about gaming consoles or hot toy items of the season. However, board games and stocking stuffers and great steals right now because stores son’t want that glut of toys after the holidays.
Shoppers also need to be careful with items that retailers claim are on sale when they’re actually not.
“If you look at the actual price tag and realize it’s $20 below its usual price, or $50 below what it’s usually offered as, then it’s a good discount,” McGrath said.
To find some great discounts, she suggested trying camelcamelcamel.com, which specifically tracks what Amazon has to offer and gives you the best deal.
It’s a basic site that has categories of top daily, weekly and monthly discounts, with an actual accounting of the discounted price vs. what the item actually sells for on a normal day.
A good rule of thumb is to remember to never buy what’s in season. Winter clothes are a terrible deal right now. Also wait until after the first of the year, and mattress sales will begin popping up.
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 23816)
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 18797)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6273)
- Police: Man dead after riding lawn mower falls off terrace (pageviews: 3369)
- 4 charged in Texas semi-truck smuggling operation that left 53 migrants dead (pageviews: 3159)
- 2nd visitor in 3 days gored by Yellowstone park bison (pageviews: 3152)