3-Year-Old Killed, Woman Seriously Injured In Uintah County Shooting
VERNAL, Utah — A child was killed and a woman was seriously injured after being shot near Fantasy Canyon in Uintah County.
Deputies with the Uintah County Sheriff’s Office were dispatched to the area around 2:30 p.m. Monday after hearing a 40-year-old woman and a 3-year-old boy had been shot.
When officers arrived, they found the woman west of SR-45 on the Glen Bench Road. They also found the boy dead.
The woman, who was identified as the boy’s mother, was treated medically on the scene.
It was later determined that she needed to be taken to the hospital because of the severity of her injuries.
“Investigators continue to process multiple scenes as they work to determine the circumstances surrounding the shooting,” the sheriff’s office said, adding that they do “not believe there are any suspects at large, and there is no threat to the public.”
Additional details were not released.
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 8768)
- Get Gephardt: Husband sued for deceased wife’s unpaid medical bill - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6320)
- Judge calls Orem mayor 'lynchpin' in fraud case, orders him and son to pay $1M (pageviews: 5012)
- NB I-15 reopens following crash, massive oil spill in Draper - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4958)
- NB I-15 closed in Draper following multi-car crash, oil spill (pageviews: 4861)
- Man arrested for breaking into Provo temple, claiming he was just cold, police say (pageviews: 4639)