Utah’s Anticipated Timeline For Vaccine Distribution
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah began vaccinating its frontline health care workers on Dec. 15, and the immunizations are expected to continue through December for those employees at high risk of contracting COVID-19 – such as workers in intensive care units and COVID-19 units.
Widespread immunization will take longer, though.
Here is the state’s anticipated timeline for the vaccine rollout, according to the Utah Department of Health. The timeline is subject to change based on vaccine availability, health officials said.
- Healthcare personnel who work in high-risk environments from the hospitals in the state that provide care to the highest numbers of COVID-19 patients.
Late December – January
- Healthcare workers who work in high-risk environments in the remaining hospital facilities
- Remaining health care personnel, including: clinics, pharmacy staff, Tribal health, long-term care facilities, assisted living facilities, skilled nursing staff and residents, and other healthcare personnel who are at higher-risk
- School staff
- EMS, first responders, public health workers, and Tribal EMS and Tribal public health workers
February – March
- Long-term care facility staff and residents who have not been vaccinated
- Essential workers (prioritization to be determined)
March – July
- Tribal reservation communities
- Utahns 65 years of age and older
- Employees with a risk level 3 (childcare personnel, personal care, airline workers, etc.)
- Racial and ethnic groups at higher-risk, food prep, and Utahns with underlying medical conditions
- Other Utahns within the risk level model
- Remaining workers in risk level 2 & 3 categories
- All Utahns
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10137)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 9660)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6421)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3625)