Police Identify Man Found Dead After Gun Fired Monday In Springville
SPRINGVILLE, Utah — A man was found dead Monday evening after a gun was shot during a domestic violence altercation in Springville, police said.
Officers were called to check out an incident involving reported shots fired at an apartment complex at 602 W. 500 South Monday around 5:15 p.m., according to a Springville Police press release. Officers found two girls, aged 17 and 18, outside the apartment.
The 18-year-old girl told police her father was inside the apartment and had a gun. The father started waving the gun around during an argument, the girl told police, and then started arguing with the girl’s 17-year-old friend.
“The daughter got between the father and her friend and there was a physical altercation between the two,” the police said. “During the struggle between father and daughter, the gun went off hitting the father in an unknown location of his body.”
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 31424)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 20372)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil (pageviews: 6785)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6168)
- Winter storm leads to messy morning commute; schools moving online, delaying starts - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5857)
- Lehi mom stranded in snowstorm grateful for help from unexpected stranger - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4471)