Tonight On NBC: ‘Dolly Parton’s Coat Of Many Colors’
(NBC) – “Dolly Parton’s Coat of Many Colors” is based on the inspiring true story of living legend Dolly Parton’s remarkable upbringing. This once-in-a-lifetime movie special takes place inside the tight-knit Parton family as they struggle to overcome devastating tragedy and discover the healing power of love, faith and a raggedy patchwork coat that helped make Parton who she is today.
The film is set in the Tennessee Great Smoky Mountains in 1955. It is neither a biopic nor a musical about Dolly’s whole life and performing career, but rather a family-oriented faith-based story about the incidents in her and her family’s life around the time she was nine years old.
Alyvia Lind will portray nine-year-old Dolly Parton, with Jennifer Nettles as Parton’s mother, Rick Schroder as her father and Gerald McRaney as her grandfather.
“Dolly Parton’s Coat of Many Colors” is written by Pamela K. Long. She executive produces with Sam Haskell and Dolly Parton. The film is a production of Magnolia Hill Entertainment and DP Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television.
Watch Thursday at 7 p.m. on KSL TV.
- Family members remember, honor two USU plane crash victims (pageviews: 7173)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 6659)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6371)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 6316)
- R. Kelly sentenced to 30 years in sex trafficking case (pageviews: 6069)
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 4164)