Coronavirus Outbreak Reported At Davis County Correctional Facility
FARMINGTON, Utah – Officials said 30 people have tested positive for coronavirus at the Davis County Correctional Facility in Farmington.
The sheriff’s office reported 29 inmates were positive for the virus. One employee also tested positive.
They said just two of the inmates were symptomatic. An additional four inmates were exposed to people with the virus, but were showing no symptoms of COVID-19.
The inmates were all in the same housing unit where the first positive case originated. They have been relocated to separate quarters.
Officials said the employee with coronavirus was in isolation protocols.
The outbreak was discovered after one inmate started showing symptoms of COVID-19 Saturday morning. A rapid test was performed. When it came back positive, all other individuals within the same housing units were tested.
It was one of three main pods at the facility that houses 375 inmates. Officials said 83 inmates live in the pod – 35 of whom were in the same area as the first inmate infected.
“Those who have tested positive will be placed in isolation and those who were exposed will be placed in quarantine,” officials said in a news release.
Officials wanted to reassure the public and the inmates’ family members that they have been working to control the spread of the virus and providing medical treatment for those with needs.
“We have been steadfast in our efforts to prevent the spread of coronavirus throughout our facility, taking a variety of precautions and implementing multiple procedures to reduce risk and possible exposure,” said Sheriff Kelly V. Sparks.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5415)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 4509)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 3865)
- Police confirm no shooting has occurred at Granger Elementary School; school evacuated (pageviews: 2338)
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 2300)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 2293)