The Best Home Office Safety: Ways You Can Keep Your Computer Safe While You’re Working Remotely
At work you have an IT department whose job is to ensure that the computers in the office are protected from viruses and malware. Now that more people are working at home, however, you may not have the same kind of protection. Read our home office safety tips to make sure that sensitive data is still secure.
The Difference Between an Office and a Home Network
In the office, the IT department is installing firewalls and spyware protection, assigning safe passwords, and practicing all kinds of great security measures to keep your company’s sensitive information safe from hackers. Now hackers are going crazy because they know everyone is working from home. Most people don’t have the same systems in place. So they’re trying to capture your personal information, infect your computer, and even get into your accounts. That includes your email and app logins.
The First Steps to Take for Your Home Office Safety
Installing virus and malware software on your computer is the critical first step to take to keep your assets safe while working from home. First, you should make sure that your computer is already clean, and not infected already. Once you’ve installed it the software will run actively. But it does need to be renewed every year so make sure that your account is not expired.
Leave It to the Experts
You can bring your computer into a place like PC laptops where they have social distance tables set up to drop off your computer. They can scan your computer for viruses and malware for free. From there they can give you personalized recommendations to protect your device.
- Police: Missing 4-Year-Old Hurricane Boy Found Dead Inside Home (pageviews: 9916)
- Police: Missing 4-Year-Old Hurricane Boy Found Dead Inside Home – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5751)
- Park City Fire Chief Dead After UTV Crash During Oregon Vacation (pageviews: 5201)
- Hydrologist Reveals How Much Summer Storms Actually Help Utah's Drought (pageviews: 4135)
- Hydrologist Reveals How Much Summer Storms Actually Help Utah’s Drought – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3339)
- Family Rescued From Capsized Boat During Storm On Bear Lake (pageviews: 3156)
- Family Rescued From Capsized Boat During Storm On Bear Lake – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2353)
- No. Tooele Police Investigating After Fireworks Damage Parts Of Neighborhood – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2187)
- Live (pageviews: 1925)