Shooter At Large After Incident Leaves 1 Dead, 2 Injured
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Police are investigating an overnight shooting that left one person dead and two others injured, authorities said.
The shooter is still at large.
The incident happened shortly after midnight in the area of 1500 South and Main Street.
Salt Lake City police at the scene said they found one injured victim at the scene.
“One victim was located at the Main Street Motel … who had a gunshot wound to his arm,” said SLCPD Lt. Andrew Cluff. “He was taken to the hospital. He’s in critical, but stable, condition at this time.”
Police said that while searching for a possible gunman, they found another victim deceased in the area of Kensington Avenue and State Street. Shortly after, authorities received a phone call from St. Mark’s Hospital that another person involved in the incident had arrived with a gunshot wound.
A concerned mother at the scene said her son was also shot at, though he wasn’t hit.
“I really feel sorry for the families,” she said. “It’s hard, you know? These kids, they’re adults and they make really bad choices. We the families are the only ones that ever suffer.”
“They don’t think about their actions,” she added, “which is very disheartening.
Cluff said it’s unclear how the the three victims are related or what exactly happened.
“We know at this time there was some sort of altercation prior to three victims being shot,” he said.
None of the victims’ identities have been released. It was not immediately clear if a suspect had been named, but officials said there is only a solo shooter that they’re aware of.
Police said there is not a threat to the public.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Salt Lake City Police Department at 801-799-3000.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 11575)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9563)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 5197)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 3641)
- Live (pageviews: 2740)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2074)