Another 2K Have Tested Positive For COVID, 4 More Have Died
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – According to the latest report from the Utah Department of Health, 2,160 more Utahns have tested positive for COVID-19, and four more people have died.
There are currently 484 people hospitalized with the virus.
UDOH reported 1,752,324 residents have been tested for COVID-19 so far. That’s an increase of 6,619 from Sunday’s report.
Of those people, a total of 285,633 have tested positive for the virus, which is an increase of 2,160 cases from yesterday.
The rolling seven-day average for positive tests is 2,716 per day. The rolling seven-day average for percent of positive laboratory tests is now at 30.8%.
Currently, 484 people are hospitalized with the virus, and 167 of those are in intensive care units. Another 67 people are hospitalized with suspected cases of COVID-19.
The state’s ICUs are 83.2% full, and Utah’s referral centers are 86.2% full.
Referral Centers are the 16 hospitals in Utah with the capability to provide the best care for patients with COVID-19. Because most patients are transferred to these facilities, their utilization is the best reflection of the true hospital capacity in Utah when looking at ICU beds.
Officials announce another four people have lost their lives as a direct result of COVID-19. To date, 1,305 people have died because of the virus.
The following individuals’ deaths were reported Monday:
- Female, older than 85, Washington County resident, long-term care facility resident
- Male, older than 85, Salt Lake County resident, not hospitalized at time of death
- Male, between 65-84, Salt Lake County resident, hospitalized at time of death
- Female, older than 85, Washington County resident, hospitalized at time of death
A total of 48,575 Utahns have received the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccination.
For more information, visit coronavirus.utah.gov.
- South Jordan family describes 'miracle' following Thanksgiving Day crash (pageviews: 10677)
- Post Malone visits Salt Lake City pizzeria – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9466)
- Multiple cars shot at, two injured on I-15 in Juab County (pageviews: 6954)
- Police: Two dead after wrong-way crash in Sunset (pageviews: 6050)
- Police: Man shot by police after attacking father, charging officers with weapons (pageviews: 6005)
- Authorities: Student kills 3, wounds 6 at Michigan school (pageviews: 4345)
- One man dead, two others brought to safety by search and rescue in Zion National Park (pageviews: 3340)
- Pregnant woman saves man from burning home in West Jordan (pageviews: 2736)
- UDOT to reduce speed limit along section of busy Eagle Mountain highway (pageviews: 2719)