St. George Mayor Jon Pike Resigns To Join Gov. Cox’s Cabinet
ST. GEORGE, Utah – St. George Mayor Jon Pike will resign effective 5 p.m. Monday to join the cabinet of newly sworn-in Utah Gov. Spencer Cox.
Pike will be Commissioner of the Utah Insurance Department.
He served as St. George’s mayor since 2013 and was a member of the St. George City Council for six years before that, according to a news release.
We'd like to congratulate Mayor Jon Pike, who today accepted a role with Governor-elect Spencer Cox's senior cabinet. Pike will be the commissioner of the Utah Insurance Department. Because of that, his last day as Mayor of St. George is Jan. 4, 2021. pic.twitter.com/Q9Zoh3gAMj
— City of St. George (@Cityofstgeorge) December 21, 2020
“We thank Mayor Pike for his years of service and wish him the best as he begins his new position,” said Adam Lenhard, city manager.
The news release said the search for a new person to be appointed mayor by the city council is already underway.
The city is currently taking applications through Jan. 11. Officials said applicants must be a citizen of the United States and a registered voter in the city of St. George.
Applicants must also be a city resident or live in an area annexed by the city in the previous 12 months.
The council will review the applications and the council will vote for the new mayor on Jan. 19 during a special meeting.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9267)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 8058)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6022)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3183)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2423)