Lee Responds To Video Of Airplane Passengers Shouting At Romney
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Sen. Mike Lee on Wednesday took to Twitter in response to videos of passengers harassing Sen. Mitt Romney before and during a flight from Salt Lake City to Washington, D.C.
“No matter our political differences let’s all treat each other with respect and decency,” Lee wrote. “Harassing your political opponents on a plane is not acceptable. Harassing your political opponents at their home is not acceptable. We as a country need to be better than this.”
No matter our political differences let’s all treat each other with respect and decency. Harassing your political opponents on a plane is not acceptable. Harassing your political opponents at their home is not acceptable. We as a country need to be better than this.
— Mike Lee (@SenMikeLee) January 6, 2021
Multiple videos were circulating social media showing individuals confronting Romney at the Salt Lake International Airport as well as on the flight itself, when a group of passengers chanted “Traitor” during the flight.
In another video, a woman records herself confronting the senator inside the airport.
Here’s a video of people harassing mitt Romney on an airplane
— Molly Jong-Fast🏡 (@MollyJongFast) January 6, 2021
KSL 5 TV Live
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces temple groundbreakings (pageviews: 129954)
- Police: Hoax targets several Utah schools with fake shooting threats (pageviews: 34070)
- Crews recover body of missing snowmobiler who was buried in Utah County avalanche (pageviews: 10035)
- Nashville police release bodycam footage of police shooting school attacker (pageviews: 9873)
- 3 victims in Box Elder County crash identified (pageviews: 9578)
- Arrest made in Logan Canyon crash that killed 3, injured 2 (pageviews: 8348)