Education Head DeVos Quits, Cites Trump Rhetoric
WASHINGTON (AP) – Education Secretary Betsy DeVos has become the second Cabinet secretary to resign a day after a pro-Trump insurrection at the U.S. Capitol.
In a resignation letter Thursday, DeVos blamed President Donald Trump for inflaming tensions in the violent assault on the seat of the nation’s democracy. She says, “There is no mistaking the impact your rhetoric had on the situation, and it is the inflection point for me.”
Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao tendered her resignation earlier Thursday. News of DeVos’ resignation was first reported by the Wall Street Journal.
In a farewell letter to Congress earlier this week, DeVos urged lawmakers to reject policies supported by President-elect Joe Biden, and to protect Trump administration policies that Biden has promised to eliminate.
- Biden Halts Oil And Gas Leases On US Land, Water For 60 Days (pageviews: 3405)
- Utah Politicians Issue Statement Opposing Executive Order On National Monuments (pageviews: 2786)
- Utahn Shares Message After Losing Friend To COVID-19 (pageviews: 2670)
- New Mom Delivers Baby Boy On 2100 North In Lehi – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2668)
- New Mom Delivers Baby Boy On 2100 North In Lehi (pageviews: 2494)
- Health Officials Report 30 More Utahns Have Died From COVID-19 (pageviews: 2237)
- Biden To Sign Virus Measures, Requires Mask Use To Travel (pageviews: 2178)
- Utah Mother With Terminally Ill Baby Donates Breast Milk To Babies In Need (pageviews: 2024)
- SWAT Situation Unfolds Near Rose Park; Roads Closed (pageviews: 1926)