January Is National Blood Donation Month
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – With the bad weather disrupting donation drives or sickness keeping would-be donors on the sidelines, winter is a tough season for blood donations.
January is National Blood Donation Month to remind everyone just how critical the need for blood is every day of the year.
Red Cross volunteers work hard to respond to any number of disasters, and blood is just one of those critical needs.
In the U.S., someone needs blood every 2 seconds. Just one donation can potentially save three lives.
One of the easiest ways to find blood drives nearest you is to go to RedCross.org or download the Red Cross Blood Donor app. They’ll help you find a place near you to donate blood, or you can simply donate money.
The Red Cross puts on 500 blood drives every day across the country.
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 10947)
- Live (pageviews: 6780)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 5943)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5940)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4798)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4654)