Lehi Missionary Killed, 3 Others Injured In Arkansas Crash
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A missionary from Lehi died in a car crash in Arkansas Thursday morning, according to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
The missionary was identified as 19-year-old Elder Jake Smith.
Three other missionaries were hurt in the crash near Rose Bud, Arkansas, a church statement said. They were expected to recover from their injuries.
Officials identified the other missionaries as Elder McKay Jurges of West Jordan, who was hospitalized with serious injuries, and Elder Gavin Hatch of Cedar Hills and Elder Eli Sutherland of San Diego, California, who both had minor injuries.
“We pray for all of them as they recover,” Church officials said. “We also express our sincere condolences to the family of Elder Smith and to all the missionaries of the Arkansas Little Rock Mission. We pray they will each feel the Savior’s love and comfort during this difficult.”
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13441)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7554)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 5852)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 4852)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 4484)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 3699)