High 5: Collecting Change To Bring Change
BOUNTIFUL, Utah – The kids in Jerilee Jones’ class at Oak Hills Elementary have another reason to celebrate the New Year knowing they brightened the day of other kids just before Christmas.
They did it by collecting change.
“So we got a big jar and asked for the kids to bring their change that’s hanging around,” Jones said. “Which is really great because right now there’s a lot hanging around. No one wants change, right? They started bringing them in, and we got over $400.”
Collecting the change was Step 1. Step 2 involved guying food with the money they raised.
Next, they packaged the food before adding the final touch.
“The last step of the assembly line was adding a hand-written note that the children had written,” said parent Natasha Birchard. “They were very creative and colorful. The kids wrote some jokes and happy messages, positive messages that spread light and happiness.”
The food was eventually given to families in need.
“I just wanted the kids to know that their hard work has paid off for them, and that this is a year of giving because of everything that’s been going on,” said teacher aid Tami Doane.
It’s a great example of people helping other people this Christmas season – including people who are just a little bit younger.
- Police: 4-Year-Old Hurricane Boy Found In Toy Chest In Room; Death Ruled Accidental (pageviews: 5778)
- Saturday Evening Sessions To Remain Part Of General Conference (pageviews: 2825)
- Boaters Say Fees Going Up, Quality Going Down At Pineview Reservoir (pageviews: 2460)
- 8 Killed, Several Injured In Crashes After Sandstorm Hits I-15 (pageviews: 2372)
- Cedar City Residents Cleaning Up After More Flash Flooding – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1983)
- Family Mourns Husband, Wife Killed In Sandstorm Crash On I-15 (pageviews: 1933)
- Live (pageviews: 1333)
- Delta Mistake Bumps Non-Stop Travelers To Flights With Layovers (pageviews: 1324)
- Utah Reports 843 COVID-19 Cases, 6 Additional Deaths – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1247)