Utah Man Arrested Twice For Violating Hawaii Quarantine Order
LIHU’E, Hawaii – A Bountiful man was arrested twice for violating Hawaii’s emergency quarantine rules, according to officials with the Kaua’i Police Department.
Police said David Barnes, 50, arrived at Lihue Airport on Dec. 28, 2020, and was instructed to quarantine at an approved accommodation for 10 days.
“He did not have arrangements in place when he arrived, so he made reservations at the Sheraton Kaua‘i Coconut Beach Resort in Kapa‘a,” police said. “Officials allowed him to leave the airport after his reservations were confirmed.”
Officials said Barnes left the airport on foot and went to a Costco Wholesale to purchase items. Barnes was arrested and released on $1,000 bail, and officers ordered Barnes to complete his quarantine.
“Upon his release, Barnes checked in to the Kaua‘i Inn, in Līhu‘e,” police said. “However, additional reports led to Barnes’s arrest on Jan. 5 for three more counts of violating the governor and mayor’s emergency rules and one count of simple trespass.”
Barnes was being held at the Kaua‘i Community Correction Center on $11,000 bail. Individuals who are arrested for violating the state’s emergency quarantine rules are subject to up to one year in prison and/or up to $5,000 in fines.
Police said 192 people have been arrested for violating the rules on Kaua’i. Officers and Hawaii National Guardsmen operate a checkpoint at the airport and travelers and returning residents are required to stop there after arriving on the island.
- Post Malone Is Donating 10K Of His Sold Out Crocs To Frontline Workers (pageviews: 7378)
- Morgan Restaurant Set To Close After 40 Years In The Community (pageviews: 6067)
- Police Release New Details Related To Alex Cox's Death In Vallow/Daybell Case (pageviews: 5860)
- Lindon Man Dies Following Incident At Quail Creek State Park (pageviews: 4657)
- Detectives Locate Body Of Missing Wasatch County Man (pageviews: 4614)
- Orem Unveils Utah's Biggest Pedestrian Bridge (pageviews: 2896)
- Orem Unveils Utah’s Biggest Pedestrian Bridge – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2889)
- 3-Year-Old Boy Hospitalized After Being Hit By Truck In Eagle Mountain (pageviews: 2868)
- 'UK Variant' Of COVID-19 Found In Utah, Officials Say (pageviews: 2482)