Disneyland Ends Annual Passes 10 Months After Virus Closure
ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) — Disneyland is ending its annual pass program 10 months after the theme park shut down because of the coronavirus pandemic, the theme park said Thursday.
The park in Anaheim, California, said it would begin issuing pro-rated refunds to eligible passholders.
“Due to the continued uncertainty of the pandemic and limitations around the reopening of our California theme parks, we will be issuing appropriate refunds for eligible Disneyland Resort Annual Passports and sunsetting the current program,” Ken Potrock, president of Disneyland Resort, said in a statement. He said the park will develop new membership offerings for when it can reopen.
Disney officials would not say how many people hold these passes or how much the move will cost the company.
The announcement comes the same week that Disneyland allowed county health officials to use its parking lot for a large-scale coronavirus vaccination site.
Disneyland closed in March and has not reopened since because coronavirus metrics in the county where the park is located have not declined to the levels required by the state.
California health officials have said large amusement parks like Disneyland can only reopen once transmission reaches minimal levels, and then park capacity will be limited to 25% and reservations required.
California has seen a surge in coronavirus cases in recent months that has prompted a shutdown of many businesses and nighttime curfews in much of the state.
- Eagle Mountain Man Facing Charge For Grocery Store Incident Involving Teen Girls (pageviews: 4882)
- Utah Man Recovering After Being Attacked Near Downtown SLC (pageviews: 2698)
- Prince Philip, Husband Of Queen Elizabeth II, Dies Aged 99 (pageviews: 2617)
- Are Californians To Blame For Utah’s Surging Home Prices? (pageviews: 2556)
- State Officials Issue New Public Health Order (pageviews: 1838)
- If You're 50 Or Older: 5 Things To Know After Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 1705)
- Biden Tightens Some Gun Controls, Says Much More Needed (pageviews: 1471)
- Biden Making New Moves On Guns, Including Naming ATF Boss (pageviews: 1464)
- Mayor Erin Mendenhall Updates SLC Mask Order (pageviews: 1203)