Utah Activist Who Participated At Deadly U.S. Capitol Protest Arrested
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Self-proclaimed Utah activist, John Sullivan has been arrested for his role in the deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol.
Sullivan, age 26, was booked into the Tooele County Jail Wednesday afternoon on federal charges that include violent entry in a restricted building and disorderly conduct.
According to federal court documents, Sullivan voluntarily talked to FBI agents the day after the protest.
A lengthy and detailed criminal complaint said Sullivan entered the Capitol through a broken window. He was recording video as he walked through the Capitol with the mob.
The complaint said, “SULLIVAN further stated that he had been present at the shooting of a woman within the U.S. Capitol by a U.S. Capitol Police officer and that he had filmed the incident.”
Sullivan posted his video online and gave it to the FBI.
“SULLIVAN has claimed he was at the U.S. Capitol only to document and report. In addition, your affiant is aware that, at various times, SULLIVAN has claimed to be a journalist. He has admitted, however, that he has no press credentials and the investigation has not revealed any connection between SULLIVAN and any journalistic organizations,” the complaint said.
KSL interviewed Sullivan last week.
“For me, it’s important from the group and the people around me to see that side of things, to see the truth,” Sullivan said. “I don’t care, like what side you’re on, you should just see it raw.”
The video showed Sullivan at times yelling inflammatory statements and at other times he can be heard trying to calm down people.
He was expected to appear in court Friday.
- Woman, Children Terrorized In Road Rage Incident On I-15 (pageviews: 18183)
- One Killed In Motorcycle Crash Up Big Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 11001)
- Customer Threatens To Shoot Up Salt Lake City Store Over Mask Requirement (pageviews: 8508)
- 37 Juveniles Arrested At Corner Canyon High School (pageviews: 5475)
- One Killed In Motorcycle Crash Up Big Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3933)
- Two Deputies Injured, Suspect Killed In Shooting At Salt Lake County Jail (pageviews: 3870)
- Las Vegas Pushes To Become First To Ban Ornamental Grass (pageviews: 3696)
- If You're 50 Or Older: 5 Things To Know After Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 3024)
- Are Californians To Blame For Utah’s Surging Home Prices? (pageviews: 2401)