Lindon Man Dies Following Incident At Quail Creek State Park
HURRICANE, Utah – An 80-year-old man from Lindon died following an incident at Quail Creek State Park in southern Utah.
Park officials said Doug Schaerrer was pulled from a sinking truck at the park’s boat ramp on Wednesday.
“Witnesses indicated that a man was stuck inside a truck pulling a trailered boat,” officials said. “The vehicle was backing down the boat ramp and becoming submerged in the water.”
Ranger Dylan Urban responded to the ramp and broke through one of the truck’s windows before pulling Schaerrer from the vehicle.
Urban then performed CPR until emergency crews responded and transported Schaerrer to Intermountain St. George Regional Hospital, where he passed away.
“The Utah Division of Parks and Recreation extends our condolences to the friends and family impacted by this tragedy,” officials said.
The incident is under investigation. Urban was treated for cuts and injuries he sustained during the rescue and is expected to make a full recovery.
- Salt Lake, Davis Counties Move To Moderate Transmission; Some Restrictions Lifted (pageviews: 4267)
- Gov. Cox: Beginning March 8, Utahns Age 50+ Can Schedule Vaccinations (pageviews: 4035)
- Coin With DNA Found At Site Where Elizabeth Salgado's Remains Were Found (pageviews: 3930)
- DNA Test Surprise: Woman's Dad Was A Mass Murderer (pageviews: 3633)
- Official: Dems OK Tighter Income Limits For COVID-19 Relief (pageviews: 3608)
- SUV In Crash Where 13 Died Came Through Hole In Border Fence (pageviews: 3412)
- Dr. Dunn: Utah May End Mask Mandates By Early July (pageviews: 2598)
- BYU 'Y' Lit In Rainbow Colors As Message Of Hope Without School Approval (pageviews: 1874)
- Powerful Quake Hits Off New Zealand, Prompting Evacuations (pageviews: 1725)