Lindon Man Dies Following Incident At Quail Creek State Park
HURRICANE, Utah – An 80-year-old man from Lindon died following an incident at Quail Creek State Park in southern Utah.
Park officials said Doug Schaerrer was pulled from a sinking truck at the park’s boat ramp on Wednesday.
“Witnesses indicated that a man was stuck inside a truck pulling a trailered boat,” officials said. “The vehicle was backing down the boat ramp and becoming submerged in the water.”
Ranger Dylan Urban responded to the ramp and broke through one of the truck’s windows before pulling Schaerrer from the vehicle.
Urban then performed CPR until emergency crews responded and transported Schaerrer to Intermountain St. George Regional Hospital, where he passed away.
“The Utah Division of Parks and Recreation extends our condolences to the friends and family impacted by this tragedy,” officials said.
The incident is under investigation. Urban was treated for cuts and injuries he sustained during the rescue and is expected to make a full recovery.
- Woman, Children Terrorized In Road Rage Incident On I-15 (pageviews: 18183)
- One Killed In Motorcycle Crash Up Big Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 11001)
- Customer Threatens To Shoot Up Salt Lake City Store Over Mask Requirement (pageviews: 8508)
- 37 Juveniles Arrested At Corner Canyon High School (pageviews: 5475)
- One Killed In Motorcycle Crash Up Big Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3933)
- Two Deputies Injured, Suspect Killed In Shooting At Salt Lake County Jail (pageviews: 3870)
- Las Vegas Pushes To Become First To Ban Ornamental Grass (pageviews: 3696)
- If You're 50 Or Older: 5 Things To Know After Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 3024)
- Are Californians To Blame For Utah’s Surging Home Prices? (pageviews: 2401)