3-Year-Old Boy Hospitalized After Being Hit By Truck In Eagle Mountain
EAGLE MOUNTAIN, Utah – A 3-year-old boy was airlifted to Primary Children’s Hospital after he was struck by a full-size pick-up truck, according to Sgt. Spencer Cannon with the Utah County Sheriff’s Office.
Cannon said the crash occurred near 4900 North Lake Mountain Road at 4:20 p.m. Friday.
The boy was riding a bicycle near the side of the road when he was struck and injured “quite badly,” Cannon said.
The driver remained on scene and fully cooperated with authorities; Cannon said there were no signs of impairment or carelessness.
“There are some accidents that are really unavoidable on the part of the driver, and this appears to be one of those where the driver didn’t do anything wrong in this accident occurring,” Cannon said.
The boy’s injuries did not appear to be life-threatening, but he was airlifted because some of his injuries needed some “quick attention,” Cannon said.
Authorities said they did not anticipate filing any charges in the crash.
- Salt Lake, Davis Counties Move To Moderate Transmission; Some Restrictions Lifted (pageviews: 4267)
- Gov. Cox: Beginning March 8, Utahns Age 50+ Can Schedule Vaccinations (pageviews: 4035)
- Coin With DNA Found At Site Where Elizabeth Salgado's Remains Were Found (pageviews: 3930)
- DNA Test Surprise: Woman's Dad Was A Mass Murderer (pageviews: 3633)
- Official: Dems OK Tighter Income Limits For COVID-19 Relief (pageviews: 3608)
- SUV In Crash Where 13 Died Came Through Hole In Border Fence (pageviews: 3412)
- Dr. Dunn: Utah May End Mask Mandates By Early July (pageviews: 2598)
- BYU 'Y' Lit In Rainbow Colors As Message Of Hope Without School Approval (pageviews: 1874)
- Powerful Quake Hits Off New Zealand, Prompting Evacuations (pageviews: 1725)