Detectives Locate Body Of Missing Wasatch County Man
BOULDER, Utah — The body of a 53-year-old Wasatch County man has been found nearly a month after he was reported missing, according to the Wasatch County Sheriff’s Office.
Chad West was last seen driving away from his home on Friday, Dec. 11, and on Dec. 17, the Wasatch County 911 Center received a call reporting West was missing.
His body was eventually located on private property in an area known as The Hogs Back, which is on the north side of Daniels Canyon.
According to a Facebook post from the Wasatch County Sheriff’s Office, a man called in around 10:30 a.m. Saturday saying he had located a black truck that appeared to fit the description of West’s vehicle.
Deputies and Search and Rescue crews responded to the area where they found the vehicle as well as the 53-year-old man’s body.
Wasatch County Detectives have opened an investigation, while the State Medical Examiner is working to determine a cause of death.
“At this time, law enforcement does not suspect criminal activity is involved in the death of Mr. West,” read the post.
- Salt Lake Co. Health Department Investigating High School Party (pageviews: 12517)
- Effective Immediately: Utahns Ages 16+ With Certain Health Conditions Can Get Vaccine (pageviews: 9533)
- Police: Provo Man Stabbed Child, Thinking Someone Else Was In Bed With His Wife (pageviews: 9397)
- Police: Kearns Woman Murdered Because 'She Knew Too Much' (pageviews: 6057)
- Parents Call For Action After Librarian Seen Reading Racial Slur To Students (pageviews: 5105)
- Utah Nurse Who Battled COVID-19 Released From Hospital After Double-Lung Transplant (pageviews: 4425)
- Gephardt: Tracking Down $130K That Vanished After Bank Closes Woman’s Savings Account (pageviews: 3511)
- Parowan Teacher Under Fire For Tweet Calling For Republican Senator Deaths (pageviews: 2487)
- KSL Investigates Bill Aimed To Combat Utah Housing Boom, Affordability (pageviews: 2077)