Car Thief Returns With Boy Inside, Scolds Mom
BEAVERTON, Ore. – An Oregon mother is the victim of a harrowing carjacking – with a peculiar ending.
Crystal Leary said she ran into a meat market in the Portland suburb of Beaverton. She was only going in for a moment and she let her 4-year-old son in the car.
While she was in the store, a man stole her vehicle and drove away with her child still inside.
Then, the robber brought back the boy, ordered Leary to remove the child, and then drove away again.
But first, he scolded the horrified mom for leaving her son, and he threatened to call the police on her.
“As moms, we get really busy, and we think we’re just running in for a second,” Leary said. “And, this is just a perfect example of just letting our guards down and how terribly it could have ended.”
“I am thankful that he’s OK, and it was so stupid and I’ll never do that again,” she added. “But, it’s that split second decision that can just change everything.”
Leary said her son was unharmed. Police said they’re still looking for her vehicle and the alleged carjacker.
- Eagle Mountain Man Facing Charge For Grocery Store Incident Involving Teen Girls (pageviews: 4882)
- Utah Man Recovering After Being Attacked Near Downtown SLC (pageviews: 2698)
- Prince Philip, Husband Of Queen Elizabeth II, Dies Aged 99 (pageviews: 2617)
- Are Californians To Blame For Utah’s Surging Home Prices? (pageviews: 2556)
- State Officials Issue New Public Health Order (pageviews: 1838)
- If You're 50 Or Older: 5 Things To Know After Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 1705)
- Biden Tightens Some Gun Controls, Says Much More Needed (pageviews: 1471)
- Biden Making New Moves On Guns, Including Naming ATF Boss (pageviews: 1464)
- Mayor Erin Mendenhall Updates SLC Mask Order (pageviews: 1203)