Dump Truck Driver Killed In Point Of The Mountain Crash
LEHI, Utah – The driver of a large dump truck was killed at the Point of the Mountain Geneva Rock facility, according to Sgt. Bart Smith with the Lehi Police Department.
Smith said another construction worker called police after the incident happened near the Salt Lake County/Utah County line around 1:15 p.m. Tuesday.
Officials said the truck was attempting to dump dirt near the edge of a pit when the bank gave out. The driver of the dump truck died after the vehicle fell down the embankment and landed on its top.
Smith said the driver’s identity would not be released at this time and the crash is under investigation.
No other injuries were reported.
- ‘Our worst fears': Kidnapped baby, parents, uncle found dead (pageviews: 6449)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6433)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 6050)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 5371)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3347)
- Father, son found dead inside West Jordan home (pageviews: 3137)