Rep. Stewart Not Attending Inauguration Due To COVID-19 Exposure, Symptoms
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Rep. Chris Stewart will not be attending President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration on Wednesday after he was exposed to COVID-19 and developed symptoms of the virus, according to a spokesperson.
Officials said Stewart developed symptoms the day of his flight to Washington, D.C., forcing him to change his travel plans.
“Rep. Stewart had every intention of attending President-elect Biden’s inauguration as he wished to show unity as we peacefully transition power,” officials said.
“I wish the new administration well as they begin their service to our great nation tomorrow afternoon,” Stewart said in a tweet.
- Eagle Mountain Man Facing Charge For Grocery Store Incident Involving Teen Girls (pageviews: 4882)
- Utah Man Recovering After Being Attacked Near Downtown SLC (pageviews: 2698)
- Prince Philip, Husband Of Queen Elizabeth II, Dies Aged 99 (pageviews: 2617)
- Are Californians To Blame For Utah’s Surging Home Prices? (pageviews: 2556)
- State Officials Issue New Public Health Order (pageviews: 1838)
- If You're 50 Or Older: 5 Things To Know After Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 1705)
- Biden Tightens Some Gun Controls, Says Much More Needed (pageviews: 1471)
- Biden Making New Moves On Guns, Including Naming ATF Boss (pageviews: 1464)
- Mayor Erin Mendenhall Updates SLC Mask Order (pageviews: 1203)