Michele Randall Appointed as First Female Mayor of St. George
GEORGE, Utah – In the same week that Kamala Harris was sworn in as the first female Vice President of the United States, the St. George City Council appointed Michele Randall as the City’s first female mayor.
She was appointed during a special meeting Tuesday.
Randall replaced former Mayor Jon Pike who resigned earlier in the month to serve as Commissioner of the Utah Insurance Department under new Governor Spencer Cox.
Join us in congratulating Michele Randall, who was appointed today as the Mayor of St. George! Randall will serve as Mayor until the next election cycle, which is in Nov. 2021. pic.twitter.com/7mac8aqKiE
— City of St. George (@Cityofstgeorge) January 20, 2021
Randall had been a City Councilor since 2014 and has served on the board of directors for multiple civic and nonprofit organizations, a news release said.
“St. George is an amazing place to live and we want to keep it that way,” Randall said. “I’m ready to hit the ground running. I don’t think we will miss a beat.”
She is the first woman to serve as mayor in the City’s 159-year history.
She will complete the remainder of Pike’s term. The next St. George municipal election will be in November.
St. George has been her home for the last 42 years.
She will be sworn in at a regular City Council meeting Thursday. An announcement on her replacement to the City Council will be made soon, the release said.
- Woman, Children Terrorized In Road Rage Incident On I-15 (pageviews: 18183)
- One Killed In Motorcycle Crash Up Big Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 11001)
- Customer Threatens To Shoot Up Salt Lake City Store Over Mask Requirement (pageviews: 8508)
- 37 Juveniles Arrested At Corner Canyon High School (pageviews: 5475)
- One Killed In Motorcycle Crash Up Big Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3933)
- Two Deputies Injured, Suspect Killed In Shooting At Salt Lake County Jail (pageviews: 3870)
- Las Vegas Pushes To Become First To Ban Ornamental Grass (pageviews: 3696)
- If You're 50 Or Older: 5 Things To Know After Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 3024)
- Are Californians To Blame For Utah’s Surging Home Prices? (pageviews: 2401)