Utahn Among Dozens Pardoned By President Trump
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utahn Lynn Barney was one of the 73 people pardoned by President Donald Trump during the final hours of his term Tuesday night.
Barney was arrested in 2004 and then sentenced to 35 months in federal prison a year later for possessing a gun after previously being convicted of one count of felony drug distribution.
He was released from prison in 2007.
A White House news release said, “Since his release from prison, Mr. Barney has been a model citizen and has devoted himself to his work and children. He is described by his employer as an exceedingly hard worker and a role model to other employees.”
Utah Sen. Mike Lee released a statement that thanked Trump for what he called a compassionate decision.
“Lynn Barney is an exceptional husband and father,” Lee said. “He has truly turned his life around and now just wants to hunt with his kids like his father did before him.”
In all, Trump issued 143 pardons and commutations late Tuesday night.
- Salt Lake, Davis Counties Move To Moderate Transmission; Some Restrictions Lifted (pageviews: 4267)
- Gov. Cox: Beginning March 8, Utahns Age 50+ Can Schedule Vaccinations (pageviews: 4035)
- Coin With DNA Found At Site Where Elizabeth Salgado's Remains Were Found (pageviews: 3930)
- DNA Test Surprise: Woman's Dad Was A Mass Murderer (pageviews: 3633)
- Official: Dems OK Tighter Income Limits For COVID-19 Relief (pageviews: 3608)
- SUV In Crash Where 13 Died Came Through Hole In Border Fence (pageviews: 3412)
- Dr. Dunn: Utah May End Mask Mandates By Early July (pageviews: 2598)
- BYU 'Y' Lit In Rainbow Colors As Message Of Hope Without School Approval (pageviews: 1874)
- Powerful Quake Hits Off New Zealand, Prompting Evacuations (pageviews: 1725)