Utahn Among Dozens Pardoned By President Trump
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utahn Lynn Barney was one of the 73 people pardoned by President Donald Trump during the final hours of his term Tuesday night.
Barney was arrested in 2004 and then sentenced to 35 months in federal prison a year later for possessing a gun after previously being convicted of one count of felony drug distribution.
He was released from prison in 2007.
A White House news release said, “Since his release from prison, Mr. Barney has been a model citizen and has devoted himself to his work and children. He is described by his employer as an exceedingly hard worker and a role model to other employees.”
Utah Sen. Mike Lee released a statement that thanked Trump for what he called a compassionate decision.
“Lynn Barney is an exceptional husband and father,” Lee said. “He has truly turned his life around and now just wants to hunt with his kids like his father did before him.”
In all, Trump issued 143 pardons and commutations late Tuesday night.
- Eagle Mountain Man Facing Charge For Grocery Store Incident Involving Teen Girls (pageviews: 4882)
- Utah Man Recovering After Being Attacked Near Downtown SLC (pageviews: 2698)
- Prince Philip, Husband Of Queen Elizabeth II, Dies Aged 99 (pageviews: 2617)
- Are Californians To Blame For Utah’s Surging Home Prices? (pageviews: 2556)
- State Officials Issue New Public Health Order (pageviews: 1838)
- If You're 50 Or Older: 5 Things To Know After Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 1705)
- Biden Tightens Some Gun Controls, Says Much More Needed (pageviews: 1471)
- Biden Making New Moves On Guns, Including Naming ATF Boss (pageviews: 1464)
- Mayor Erin Mendenhall Updates SLC Mask Order (pageviews: 1203)