Utahns Set Up ‘Field Of Flags’ Centerpiece For Inauguration Day Events
WASHINGTON – Inauguration Day was personal for a Utah company involved in the ceremonies in our nation’s capital.
50 Star Productions is best known for its giant flags at football games and other sporting events. But a couple of months ago, an event organizer reached out to see if they would be interested in using the 150-by-300-foot flag as part of President Joe Biden’s inauguration.
They took the call and then took action.
“It’s the biggest stage possible for us,” said Amy Barnett, owner of 50 Star Productions. “We’re happy to do it, happy to be there to support our country.”
Times have been tough for Barnett and her small company since last winter when COVID-19 started shutting down sporting events – her livelihood.
So the call meant two things — some business, and maybe more exciting, a chance to be part of history doing what she loves.
“I’ve been in this business 25, 26 years and I still cry when I see the flag. I still cry when I sing the National Anthem,” Barnett said.
While she couldn’t head to Washington herself, she said her crews were eager to go.
Kendal White attended George W. Bush’s Inauguration in 2005.
“It’s kind of odd with all the lockdown,” White said. “The mall is all fenced off, high presence with the National Guard and police.” But even without the in-person fanfare, White was proud to be part of such a historic event.
“Very cool, very fun to be a part of it and in the midst of everything going on,” he said.
Barnett has always felt like displaying the flag brings people together, and this time she was able to do that in front of the world.
“It’s a great feeling to have that part of it — the part that is bipartisan, the part that includes everyone,” she said.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5415)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 4509)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 3865)
- Police confirm no shooting has occurred at Granger Elementary School; school evacuated (pageviews: 2338)
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 2300)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 2293)