One Killed In West Valley Crash
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah – One person was killed in a crash near 1600 West and 4100 South, according to Lt. Bill Merritt with the West Valley City Police Department.
Merritt said the crash occurred around 8:40 p.m. Wednesday. A smaller passenger car was traveling westbound on 4100 South when witnesses told police the vehicle jumped the center median and ended up in the eastbound lanes.
Merritt said an eastbound SUV, believed to be a Ford Expedition, then struck the car.
The male driver of the car was partially ejected and pronounced dead at the scene. Merritt said they believe the victim was in his late 30s or early 40s, but his identity would not be released until officers could contact his next of kin.
Police said the crash is under investigation but it appears the SUV was not doing anything wrong.
- Gephardt: Tracking Down $130K That Vanished After Bank Closes Woman’s Savings Account (pageviews: 14493)
- New Utah Law Keeps Convicted Murderer From Parole Unless Body Found (pageviews: 4930)
- Community Rallies To Support Young Street Corner Entrepreneur (pageviews: 4702)
- KSL Investigates Bill Aimed To Combat Utah Housing Boom, Affordability (pageviews: 4120)
- Utah DWR Looking For Driver Who Allegedly Sped Up To Hit, Kill Deer (pageviews: 2915)
- 22 More COVID Deaths Reported In Utah; Over 700K Vaccines Administered (pageviews: 2449)
- Utahn Who Has Had Three Heart Transplants Getting COVID-19 Vaccine (pageviews: 2260)
- Utah Nurse Who Battled COVID-19 Released From Hospital After Double-Lung Transplant (pageviews: 1949)
- Police: Provo Man Stabbed Child, Thinking Someone Else Was In Bed With His Wife (pageviews: 1856)