10-Year-Old Seriously Injured After Car Crashes Into South Salt Lake Apartment
SOUTH SALT LAKE – Police said a 10-year-old girl was seriously injured after a vehicle crashed through a South Salt Lake apartment with multiple people inside.
The crash happened Friday afternoon at the Covewood Village apartments near 3300 South and 300 East.
The 10-year-old was taken to an area hospital after getting pinned by the car as it barreled through the unit’s living room.
The car wedged itself in the room, pinning the girl and narrowly missing a 7-month-old baby and three others in the apartment.
Chief Jack Carruth with the South Salt Lake Police Department said an investigation is ongoing.
“It’s unknown why the driver of the vehicle lost control or what caused the accident itself,” he said.
Police are not releasing the name of the driver. She was pulled from the car by neighbors and taken to the hospital for an evaluation. She was released a few hours later.
Aside from the baby and the 10-year old, there was also a 14-year-old and two adults home at the time. All were taken to the hospital for evaluation.
Police originally reported the injured girl was 12 years old.
Officials said the area of 300 Summer Pine Drive was evacuated due to a gas leak following the crash. Crews were also checking the building’s structural integrity.
- Utah Renews Public Health Order, Sets Goal For Removing Mask Mandate – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 11682)
- Salt Lake Co. Health Department Investigating High School Party (pageviews: 7640)
- Police: Kearns Woman Murdered Because 'She Knew Too Much' (pageviews: 7315)
- Police: Provo Man Stabbed Child, Thinking Someone Else Was In Bed With His Wife (pageviews: 5601)
- Utah Renews Public Health Order, Sets Goal For Removing Mask Mandate (pageviews: 5443)
- Parents Call For Action After Librarian Seen Reading Racial Slur To Students (pageviews: 5003)
- State Prepares To Offer Vaccine To Utahns 18+ With Medical Conditions (pageviews: 3168)
- Some Residents Object To Sign At Millcreek Business That Uses Flag To Cover Explicit Word (pageviews: 2284)
- Ogden Partners With Company That Helps Essential Workers Purchase Homes (pageviews: 2224)