Frustrations Continue Over COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments In Southern Utah
ST. GEORGE, Utah – The Southwest Utah Public Health Department, which covers five counties and is headquartered in St. George, reported 2,000 appointment slots for the COVID-19 vaccine filled up in just 10 minutes on Monday morning.
The site did not crash, but people are still having problems making an appointment for the shot.
“It was great this week. We appreciate the state’s help. We were able to transfer our website over to the state’s servers. It ended up being a great solution,” said SWUPHD spokesman Dave Heaton.
Don and Kay Simon were some of the lucky ones who actually got an appointment, but it wasn’t easy.
“As quickly as I would go to a slot it was already filled, so I had to very quickly keep scrolling down and then I would type in my name and it would fill up. So I had to go to the next open slot,” Kay Simon said just after getting a shot. “I had to be very fast.”
Gary Zabriski is still trying to get an appointment and is still frustrated. “From the first week to the next week to this week, nothing has changed. If anything, it’s gotten more complicated,” said Zabrinski.
He said it’s challenging to click on a time slot and fill out all the forms quickly. By the time he finished the forms, the time slot was gone.
“While you were filling it out someone else faster than you gets in,” said Zabriski.
Health officials said they understand the frustrations and are trying to do what they can to help.
“We apologize for any frustration, but we are constantly looking at ways to improve,” said Heaton.
He added the department is looking at an optional signup list and is also opening a phone line for people who have questions.
That number is 435-986-2549.
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 8563)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3901)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 3445)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 2621)
- Alleged fraud committed by top leaders at Layton Christian Academy - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2604)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2477)