Hogle Zoo’s Newest Baby Zebra Needs A Name
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah’s Hogle Zoo is welcoming its newest member of the family.
A zebra colt was born at the zoo on Jan. 15. Officials said the little guy was standing on his own within the first 30 minutes, and he began walking shortly afterward.
The colt and his mom, Ziva, have been spending time bonding as the little zebra gets acquainted with the other animals in the African Savanna section of the zoo.
The only problem is he doesn’t have a name yet.
Starting Thursday, the zoo is asking people to submit name ideas on the Utah’s Hogle Zoo Facebook page.
This is the fourth Hartmann’s Mountain zebra born at the zoo, according to a statement. Mountain zebras live in more mountainous regions in southwest Africa.
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16465)
- 8-year-old girl dies after Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8845)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 8387)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8196)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7811)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6345)