Hogle Zoo’s Newest Baby Zebra Needs A Name
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah’s Hogle Zoo is welcoming its newest member of the family.
A zebra colt was born at the zoo on Jan. 15. Officials said the little guy was standing on his own within the first 30 minutes, and he began walking shortly afterward.
The colt and his mom, Ziva, have been spending time bonding as the little zebra gets acquainted with the other animals in the African Savanna section of the zoo.
The only problem is he doesn’t have a name yet.
Starting Thursday, the zoo is asking people to submit name ideas on the Utah’s Hogle Zoo Facebook page.
This is the fourth Hartmann’s Mountain zebra born at the zoo, according to a statement. Mountain zebras live in more mountainous regions in southwest Africa.
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)