Weber-Metro Crime Scene Investigator Arrested, Accused Of Spying On Young Girl
OGDEN, Utah – A Weber County Sheriff’s Office crime scene investigator has been arrested and is accused of spying on a young girl.
According to court documents, Marc Swain allegedly hid recording devices in a bathroom to spy on a juvenile.
Swain is facing three counts of sexual exploitation of a minor, three counts of voyeurism against a child under the age of 14, and two counts of obstructing justice.
Police said the incidents date back to at least June of 2020.
According to a probable cause statement, a girl found a recording device in her bathroom and alerted her mother.
Swain reportedly claimed it was a flash drive that he had dropped. According to the police affidavit, the victim’s mother researched the device and “discovered it was indeed a recording device.”
WCSO has placed Swain on administrative leave.
“We recognize the emotional impact on public trust which arises out of these circumstances,” according to a statement from Weber County Sheriff Ryan Arbon. “The Weber County Sheriff’s Office is committed to full cooperation with the investigating agency, ensuring due process, and maintaining public trust through transparency.”
The Layton City Police Department is handling the investigation.
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6644)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 6488)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 4817)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3927)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 3512)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 3261)