Lighting Ideas: What You Need to Do To Add Beautiful and Inspired Lighting Fixtures to Your Home
This article about lighting ideas is sponsored by Lighting Design.
Narrowing down the right lighting fixture ideas can help you to set the right mood for the different rooms in your home, with unique parameters and styles for the variable functions and designs. Whether you are remodeling your home or starting with a fresh slate, lighting is an important element in the interior design scheme of your home. Read on for some tips on how to make finding the right fixtures for your home an easy process.
Gather the Basics
Start brainstorming by gathering the basic information you will need to have ready before you start talking to a sales or design person. For example, you should know the square footage of the area you are trying to light up, the rooms you would like new fixtures for, and the purpose of the lighting. It will help to have measurements of rooms or key furniture components, such as kitchen islands or dining room tables so that you’re finding something that will fit in the space you have. You should also have a budget in mind before you begin your shopping to help narrow down the selection, which will make the process faster.
Last, do some research about the different types of lighting fixtures: be it hanging lights, lamps, wall lights, rope lighting, or even smart lighting with remote controls or timers. Lighting Design is one place you can start for a thorough resource with several product selections, and they have more information and tips on their blog.
Pinterest is a great way to find inspiration, and it absolutely will help you when you enter a showroom to have some examples for the designer to fit your style. Creating mood boards and following accounts that you like will make finding the right lighting even easier.
If you don’t know where to start, you can begin by following the account of the Lighting Design Company for a jumping-off point.
Visit a Showroom for Lighting Ideas
When you’ve done all the prerequisite work and found your inspiration, it’s time to visit the showroom! Plan your day accordingly, giving plenty of time to see all the offerings and ask any questions you may have. It may also help to leave the kids at home so they do not distract you or the salespeople while finalizing your design and selection.
In general, you can plan on how long it will take you to spend at the showroom by considering how many square feet you need lighting fixtures for. You can also use the same amount of time browsing online and reaching out to customer service or sales agents with questions. In general, the guideline is as follows:
- Full house: 3-6 hours for smaller homes of 2,500 sq. ft. or less, or 8 hours and multiple visits for larger homes
- One room: approximately one hour
- Exterior lights: one hour, or a couple more if browsing online
KSL 5 TV Live
- First temple in Virginia opens its doors to the public (pageviews: 15140)
- Utah man bit by shark while swimming in Hawaii (pageviews: 14902)
- Man in custody, accused of filming children in the bathroom of his business (pageviews: 14198)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 9037)
- Utah will likely set historic snow record Friday (pageviews: 8110)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 6625)