Vandals Shoot Out Over 20 Windows In Brigham City Area
BRIGHAM CITY, Utah – Police are looking for the vandals who shot out more than 20 windows in cars, homes, a church and a business between Brigham City and Perry.
Police want people to review their surveillance recordings to look for something suspicious late Wednesday into Thursday morning.
Right now all they have is a grainy shot of a car driving by and a lot of broken glass.
Business hasn’t been easy for a lot of people this past year and it’s not a great time to add one more headache.
“A former employee called me at home. Yeah, but the window was shot out, our welcome Hallmark sign. Can you imagine that?” said Kristi Loosli, who manages the Hallmark store.
She said business is back to usual right now, but the vandalism was just plain annoying and disrespectful.
“I guess there had been several vandalisms throughout the community the night before,” she explained.
So far 21 incidents have been reported — 19 in Brigham City and two more in Perry. It’s mostly car windows, but police said one home, that Hallmark window and a church building on the northwest end of town were also hit.
“I just felt bad for our owner, you know, because he has to pay that deductible and that, so, but we’ll recoup OK,” Loosli said.
She said business was good overall and they will be fine. Like with most everyone else, it’s just maddening.
“It was just sad you know, because, you know Hallmark, you don’t do that in Hallmark. Well, anybody but you know, Hallmark’s a nice place to come shop and it’s just a happy store,” Loosli said.
With so much damage it’s likely this wasn’t just lowly misdemeanors, but a total in damages that could make this a felony case.
That’s where police really need the public’s help. If you saw something or know something, call Brigham City or Perry police. They could use some video. So far, the porch camera footage they have doesn’t show helpful images.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 23761)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 6035)
- Two dead after crashing into parked truck (pageviews: 5428)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 5364)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4461)
- Utah Tech student dead after accidentally falling from balcony (pageviews: 3951)